In an ever more competitive world, customer satisfaction is a priority for businesses. The Mail Company has emerged not just as a service provider, but also as a true partner in the delivery of document logistics solutions.
That commitment has been truly to the fore in 2023, as can be seen from the opinions of the people who matter most: our customers. Through our Customer Satisfaction Survey 2023, we have carefully listened to what the users of our services have to say. The results are not just encouraging, they also show us the way to the future.
We want to share the results of this year’s survey with you, to celebrate together the achievements and to acknowledge the challenges that we face in the spirit of transparency and openness that marks The Mail Company out.
From traceability to levels of customer satisfaction, each score and each comment has given us invaluable insight into what it means to be a key part of the life of our customers’ businesses. Come with us on this journey through a year of extraordinary service, continuous innovation and, most importantly, confidence and satisfaction for our customers.
NPS – Net Promoter Score
Net Promoter Score or NPS is a tool to measure the satisfaction and loyalty of the customers of a business or brand that also identifies areas for improvement.
Over 2023, The Mail Company in Spain improved its NPS over the previous year from 28% to 44%.
We nearly doubled our NPS with clients contact in Spain over the last year, broken down as follows:
- GIO Users: 27.49% → 39.44%
- GIO Mail Recipients: 30.3% → 61.84%
- Clients contact: 25% → 46.43%
Scores for specific questions also improved. Our average score in Spain is 8.4. Relative to the previous year, that score also improved, from 8.1 to 8.4. The average score for the specific question on satisfaction with the service provided by our GIO mailroom staff was 9.41.
How is NPS measured?
A Satisfaction Survey was emailed to more than 2200 people in Spain and Portugal.
Our NPS was measured using the official method developed by the creator of NPS Fred Reichheld, which allocates customers to three categories depending on their answer to a single question: detractors with a score of 0-6, passives with 7-8 and promoters (fans of The Mail Company) with 9-10. That metric shows how many fans an organisation has, seeing which users are satisfied and how they rate us as a business.
Three groups were sent the survey:
- Active users of the GIO platform.
- People who use our Mailroom services.
- Clients contact – heads of relevant departments – at our customers.
- The survey was conducted during October so as not to run into the end of the year.
Results of the 2023 NPS Customer Satisfaction
Survey for Spain
Respondents were asked ‘Thinking of your whole experience with The Mail Company, how likely are you to recommend our services to a friend/acquaintance?’ and the NPS by user category was:
- Active users of the GIO platform: 39.44%
- People who use our Mailroom services: 61.84%
- Clients contact (heads of department): 46.43%
- The significance of an NPS Whole of Spain of 43.89%
Average score (above 10) per question Spain 2023
In this section, we share the results for specific questions, bearing in mind the scores above 10 described above:
Users of GIO answer as to:
- Please rate the traceability of our technology platform: 8.08
- Please rate your level of satisfaction with the customer service provided by The Mail Company: 8.38
- Please rate the ease of use of our technology platform: 8.42
People who use our Mailroom services gave scores for:
- Please rate your level of satisfaction with the service provided by our mailroom staff: 9.41
- How do you rate the system of automated notices for the mailroom? 8.71
- To what extent does The Mail Company add value? 8.59
And Clients contact:
- Please rate the service provided by The Mail Company to your organisation: 8.23
- Please rate your level of satisfaction with management of the service: 8
- To what extent does The Mail Company add value? 7.81
Looking to the future
The Mail Company is committed not just to maintaining the high standard of service that our customers expect, but to improving on it. The responses to our 2023 customer satisfaction survey have given us a clear route map for continuous improvement. We are focused on strengthening our management even more, increasing the efficiency and speed of each process. We realise the importance of specifically improving our international service and the accuracy of delivery information.
We are also working hard to address the challenges on our platform, with a special focus on improving traceability and the overall user experience.
We understand that communication is key, internally and externally, and we are working to reduce response times and to ensure that every customer interaction is smoother and more effective. We are introducing measures to respond more effectively to emails and requests, and we are strengthening our incident management so as to ensure that we provide immediate responses and retain the trust that our customers place in us.
Finally, we are implementing innovative communication strategies to share more about The Mail Company, beyond being a document logistics business, showing our commitment to innovation, efficiency and, above all, customer satisfaction.
Every forward step that we take at The Mail Company is guided by our unyielding committed to excellence and the confidence of our customers.